Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thursday Updates

The Blanket Flowers or Gaillardia are blooming, the new fawns don't like them and neither does the Mommy deer..but holy cats did they do a number on my Daylilies and my Sedum..must have been a really tasty salad bar! We have not had a really good rain, unless I missed it, it is cool and dry. Probably one of the most cool and dry years for this part of Minnesota in a long time.

This afternoon I saw Far Guys Doctor, when I asked him if he wanted to be my Doctor..he said "sure." At least it was not "hell no." But not really a hello either..my reputation may proceed me. I always try to advocate for the patient. I have to remind myself that these Doctors are all just "practicing" and we are "just" the guinea pigs. If you ask me..health care in America really sucks.

The New Doctor, is fine. He says my breath sounds are good, he has no results, and took more blood tests. He said he "thinks" it was bronchitis or pneumonia, perhaps a left over bug from last winter when I had something similar, and never really got over it. Since he is not a idiot, he is reducing DR SHE DEVILS dosages of Prednisone..since I have gained eight pounds since leaving the hospital less than 48 hours ago. Eight pounds! On Water flavored with a little Crystal Light, some normal foods..you know like vegetables, salad, bananas, apples, cherries, baked potato, toast, a steak, some white corn chips and some salsa, and a half of a can of Coca -Cola. It must have been that handful of skittles that I had last night.. maybe there were eight of those little suckers and they weighed a pound a piece. Good heavens think of the weight gain if I had eaten some of Far Guys M and M's!! I could be a really fat lady by the weekend. But a cheerful. fat, spunky lady, those steroids work wonders for my arthritis. They also make me a bit scatter brained and Far Guy says I am pinging off the walls, I am moving way to fast for him too. However Chance seems to enjoy it. The Pharmacist..was totally shocked when she saw me today..then she said..the antibiotic's are working wonders, and that Prednisone is really working on you girl! I told her the Doctor reduced the dose, she said enjoy it while you can, I replied "Yes, I've got to get back home and organize or clean something." ..she just smiled. So I am doing great, busy, and scatterbrained but still great! I am trying to rest too! :)
Two minutes after I posted this, the Dr. called and said my Potassium levels are now fine (Bananas..the perfect food), and my blood glucose level is perfect at 100. :) :)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am relieved that you are getting normal test results now - what a scare you gave us. About 3 years ago, the dr.'s let me aspirate during a colonoscopy and within a couple of hours I developed pneumonia and was in the hospital for a week. I wondered why my old, skinny stiff neck felt so good while I was in the hospital, now thanks to you I know! I have never been that sick before or since, so I really do sympathize plus I know you can't really aford NOT to be at home helping out. Really thankful that you are better. Take care Connie.

Unknown said...

I'm glad you are feeling more like your old self. Oops! I don't mean old old, I mean old like regular.....you know what I mean!:D
Good to see you back on line!

Mary said...

I'm relieved to hear that you are in recovery. I like prednisone until it's time to quit. Well, I like that it cures me, but the side effects aren't nice. I would rather have a good night's sleep.

Unknown said...

So glad to hear you are doing better and I can you are feeling good by your funny sense of humor.

Julia said...

I'm glad you are feeling more like your self again.
prednisone is great for my arthritis too...does put weight on, so only in small doses for a short time for me...
Keep on getting better, good to read..
Julia ♥

jewel said...

wow you have had a very busy week, glad you are better

Emma Rose said...

Yay! So glad things are getting back to normal. Congrats on the "new" Doctor :)

Kisses for Chance
Emma Rose

West Side of Straight said...

Hang in there!!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are doing well... Had to laugh at the thought of you on steroids! How will Far Guy survive?

That Janie Girl said...

Happy to hear you're improving! You sound a little spicy in your blog, like you're getting some energy back!

Moms Musings said...

Glad to hear you're getting better.

linda m said...

Glad you're feeling better. Steroids might help you feel better - but the weight gain is a killer. Don't know which is worse.

DayPhoto said...

I'm glad you are feeling better now. What a scare. And of course we are scattered everwhere and can't get down to the hospital to see you!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Lanny said...

So glad to hear you are well on your way to completely mended. Those sti.... deer! errrr.

Michelle said...

If you need to exert some energy...I have a yard that would love your touch. Glad to hear you are feeling better!

Pamela said...

I so hate prednisone. So sorry...,

Tami Weingartner said...

Snort...I always wonder if Doctors look at us like we are slabs of meat.

My horse gets better care from our Vet and he comes to us and is a fraction of the cost. Go figure!