Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Guest Blogger East Side for Far Side

Some of the readers including myself have been wondering... Far Side hasn't posted yet... is there something wrong? Far Side has prided herself in having only missed two days of blogging in the last year -- one of which was my fault.

She is okay, or at least she will be. Here is an update: On Sunday afternoon I spoke to her and she said she was getting a summer cold... Sunday night her throat was on fire, Monday morning she had a fever, Monday afternoon Far Guy brought her into the clinic since she was having trouble breathing, and they admitted her to the Hospital.

Seems the hospital doesn't quite know what is wrong, but it isn't the Swine Flu... perhaps Bronchitis, or a something from a tic...

She called housekeeping to get the bugs out of her room, there is an old man who snores across the hall which is actually a lot better then why Far Guy yells from the other room... there is an old lady who has something "really bad" across the hall because anyone who goes into her room has to put on a scrub from head to toe. There are no babies, or if there are they are with their moms. She has a male nurse who blushed when she told him he "was easy on the eyes" compared to the female nurses, and she doesn't think he gets her sense of humor.

They might let her out later today, but she hasn't slept much and when I suggested she ask for something to help her rest, she said she didn't want to take any more pills. In the mean time, I will keep you updated, or she will be back and tell herside of the story.

21 comments:

RURAL said...

Thank you for letting us know that something is wrong with Connie, this is very worrisome. I am hoping that she will get out of the hospital very soon. And yes, I can believe that she told that young guy that he was easy on the eyes. Giggle.

Please tell Connie that we are thinking of her, and have her in our thoughts and prayers.

Get well soon! We miss you!!

Jen

Mary said...

I'm glad it's not swine flu. We have several cases in our small town. I hope she'll recover quickly.

Emma Rose said...

Thank you for letting us know. We HAVE been concerned. Please tell Far Side we are praying for her and to take the damn pills if it will help!!! We miss her!

Emma Rose and The Duchess

Anonymous said...

Oh I hate to hear this about Connie. Please tell her she is in my prayers.

Karen Anne said...

Thinking good thoughts for her...

Anonymous said...

Tell her we're thinking good thought for her and if she wants to get that cute male nurses attention just to pinch his butt. He'll either get her sense of humor or send someone........not so cute:)

Tami Weingartner said...

For some very odd reason .... I got bumped out of your followers.... You have not been showing up in my reader. So I joined again and hopefully you will show back up!

Tami Weingartner said...

P.S. Nice to see ya again!

flydragon said...

knock it off, connie, and get your butt back home!!!

DayPhoto said...

Goodness! I'm glad it isn't swine flu, I've heard horrible stories about it.

You stay in there Connie and get well. We miss you but getting well is the important thing. Far Guy and Chance agree with me.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Merry Mary said...

I wondered what could have happened. Tell her to get well soon. At least there is a nurse that's easy on the eyes - that should help the recovery!
Mary P

Liz in PA said...

Connie~ I hope you managed to take your CAMERA!!
.......cause we need to see...
"Mr. Easy On The Eyes!"

Rest, FOLLOW DOCTOR'S ORDERS.....
Get back to your wholesome normal self ASAP!

Anonymous said...

Thank for posting. Connie get better quick. Probably the only good thing....a nurse who is easy on the eyes". Take care. Harriet

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear this, please tell her she's in my prayers.

Leah said...

Connie - it seems like we just saw you! Hope you are feeling better already! Words of encouragement for your fellow bloggers --- is that once you're home you will probably have to rest and rest means the only thing there is to do is to mess with the computer! Take care!

Lanny said...

Not breathing well is not good! I look forward to your recovery but in the mean time I will be catching up on all your posts I have missed.

West Side of Straight said...

HANG IN THERE! GLAD I GOT TO TALK TO YOU BEFORE MY TRIP. MORE LATER

Anonymous said...

Many thanks for letting us know that Far Side is OK... By the sound of things, they'll be begging her to leave the hospital sooner rather than later! ;-)

linda m said...

Tell Connie that I hope she is feeling better soon and to try and get some rest.

Unknown said...

Connie, Feel better soon! Hope you are feeling better. Sending hugs and prayer from MI!

Feelin' the wind! said...

Hope you are feeling better Connie! I know how those stays in the hospital are!!! Take care of yourself, because we need to visit at Christmas time with Baby Renee!!!!!