Saturday, July 4, 2009

Chance: Happy 4th of July!

There is lots of activity, Far Guy has a mission. It is a "pee-raid" and I get to be in it. Far Side says she will take a photo, imagine that..she is always so helpful. A special car is being delivered, but we are not sure if Far Guy can ride in it or not, Far Side may have to drive and Far Guy might have to hide in the trunk, but I am going to be feeling the wind in my hair today. The special sign came last night way after dark...when it got really noisy.

It all started a few nights ago, really loud noises out on the lake. Like gunshots, followed by strange whirring noises, it gets worse right after dark. Every time I hear one, I run to Far Guy and sit by him or try to get into his lap. Far Side says "Be Brave." I will be brave from behind the furnace, or from the bathroom. Far Side said "Wait until that Idiot white hair down the lake shoots off his cannon! " I am prepared...:)

14 comments:

laurie said...

wow. i wonder if we can get riley a set of those???

Anonymous said...

You made me laugh out loud! Adorable!

Emma Rose said...

A Pee-raid!! How fun for you! All those people get to see your handsome face. I love your new headgear. Way cool!
Happy 4th to all!

Kisses,
Emma Rose

Rae said...

Chance,
You are the smartest & most adorable dog in the world. Love your new head gear. Hope you have a good ride today. Take the head set off and let your ears fly in the wind.

I don't like those loud noises either. Tell Far Side to hug you and hold you tight and it will get better. Happy 4th.

L. D. said...

Hang in there Chance, my Barney has to go hide in the bathroom when the fireworks start too. Thunder sends him there too as there are no windows in there and it is dark and quieter. Our poodle wants to get as close to us as possible. Sometimes he tries to sit on our heads thinking it has to be safer the higher he can be. Chance, you need some sunglasses to go with those earphones. I bet Far Guy would share a pair with you.

Girl Tornado said...

Poor Chance, although the snazzy headgear sure does look uber-cool on him! :) We are lucky that our animals won't have to hear any fireworks since we live so far away from anyone and everything!!

Sandra said...

Hi, I came across your blog from Oz Girl's. I am a fellow Minnesotan. I like Chances headgear. I have a Basset that provides his own ear gear. : )

I'm a far side of fifty myself!

Liz in PA said...

CHANCE <----You must get a RED, White, & Blue Cap to wear.......one w/ear flaps!

"BUDDY" says to hang on tight to FAR SIDE, she will be your protector!

Tipper said...

How cute! I need some of those for our Wild Bill.

Pamela said...

I thought he might be listening to Three dog Night or the Stray Cats

lily said...

Who ever thought of the pee-raid. What fun. Really made me laugh and I needed a good laugh today. Maybe Harriet would let you borrow her hat. Lilly

Around My Kitchen Table said...

Clever dog! Do they come in miniature for a cat who's petrified of fireworks?!

Debbie said...

Awe Chancey....My Obie hates the fireworks too! Poor Obie was listening to thunder (which he hates) most of the day, and then OUR idiot neighbors like to let off M80's (big booms!) at night, along with all the booms from the lake too. Sounds like Far Guy and Far Side are there to protect you since you are such a sensitive and loving guy...like my little Obie.:)Hey...at least you have ear muffs...that helps...and you look soooooo handsome in them! Happy belated 4th Chancey!

The Retired One said...

Chance, As Far Side or Far Guy to pump some Rock n' Roll in those hot ear phones you have...you might as well be head bumping when you are avoiding the canons!