Friday, March 6, 2009

Spring Cleaning

I have been doing some spring cleaning. Mindless, boring work. Presently I am working in the kitchen..one of my not so favorite rooms in the house. Yesterday it was nice enough to open the kitchen window and let in some fresh air. It was 43 degrees.. Far Guy swears it was up to 55 degrees..I am not so sure about that..he may have been seeing things. Usually I crank up the tunes on my computer and sing and clean...somehow yesterday just did not seem like a singing kind of day. So I indulged in some quiet cleaning and reflection..

How in the world do these cobwebs just appear out of no where..one day there are none..the next day there are a whole colony of them.

How does the top of the Fridge get so dusty..and why aren't my arms longer so I can reach all the way to the back..this goes along with why couldn't I have been just a couple of inches taller as I am cleaning the light fixtures and stretching on my tippy toes on a chair. Did my knees feel this wobbly going up and down on this chair the last time I needed to be taller? So I want to be taller with really long arms..just so I can clean more efficiently.

I need to sew a new set of kitchen curtains..I have the design in my head.. I purchased a new decorative rod..I have material..I could sew..not today..I need all my fingers to keep cleaning. I hinted to my Mom a while ago..that I had a new rod..and wouldn't a new valence look smashing..she took the measurements and everything. I even told her about the design in my head, with the loops and cute buttons. She has material too..

Why do I have so many decorative things on the shelves that are nothing but dust catchers. What should I pack away..or sell..or recycle..or eat. I have a small box of Harry Potter Bertie Bott's Beans.. the flavors..Grass, Booger, Ear Wax, Soap, Vomit, Sardine, Earthworm, Dirt and Black Pepper are what keep me from taste testing those little treasures.

Then I needed a break..and a nap..no sense in knocking myself out, I could croak overnight and all this cleaning will have been for nothing. The remaining dust will wait, my spring cleaning may take all spring:)

14 comments:

demainca said...

If you catch the dust bunnys you may get rid of the cob webs! But I never manage to get even one of them. Some how the darn fridge just keeps getting higher and higher! I stand on top of the counter but that step down on the step ladder sure is far when I take it then I think "what was I thinking". I crawl around bump my head and sneeze and look at the mess I made doing my spring cleaning. I make more work for myself do you do that??

Lanny said...

I think cleaning like that just before I croak would never be a waste. Not that I would hear the comments that were made as left my house after the kind people brought my husband casseroles, something like "the dust and grease must have choked her to death," but that I could draw my last dying breath after the bus runs over me knowing full well that my house is as clean as Marge's. No need to struggle to try and stay alive to avoid the embarassment, just let it go and go peacefully on to eternity with a clean house.

Lanny said...

Oops bad sentence structure, "were made by the kind people as they left my house after leaving my husband casseroles," Sorry 'bout that.

DayPhoto said...

Spring cleaning. I love to do spring cleaning. I love to clean up the yard, to paint, I just love the whole deal.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

LOL I have to say I like your attitude!

Anonymous said...

I like a nice, quiet day to Spring clean occasionally. I have often wondered too why everything is just out of my reach. When I finally do get on a step ladder to see the top of the frig, I can see the "mark" where my arm could reach from the floor! When I am gone, maybe they will know I tried!!!!!
Have a nice weekend.

The W.O.W. factor! said...

What in the world? Harry Potter Bertie Bott's Beans? Never heard of them and they don't seem like something I'd eat if I were starving!
My spring cleaning is year 'round. I get distracted easy, by choice.
When I'm really in the mood? I crank up Neil Diamond. He's always been my ambition to clean alongside, although we could get distracted and just dance.

Anonymous said...

I also need to be taller with longer arms... My kids take after their dad, they do have long arms and are much taller than me. When they lived at home I would ask one of them to reach something on a shelf for me, they would, then they would hold it over my head and tell me to jump. They have my sense of humor... dang it.

Pamela said...

woooo hoooooo! I had one of those boxes of harry potter candys too. I do not know for the life of me where they went. I never planned to eat them. I just thought they were fun to keep on hand. You know - -in case someone accused me of being a muggle.

Michelle said...

My boys tasted all those Harry Potter Jelly Bellies when we visited the Jelly Belly outlet store. Nope, not me!

Happy spring cleaning. I did a bit of that today. Where does all that dust come from?

Anonymous said...

Oooh... I love the sound of those jelly beans! Where can I buy myself a few packets?

Ugh - spring cleaning, winter cleaning, any cleaning... I hate it!

Jeanne Estridge said...

Clean houses are overrated. And time-consuming!

Girl Tornado said...

It was just brought to my attention a few days ago that we have a new tenant in a high corner of our living room, and quite a large new home I might add -- amazing how big some of these cobwebs can get! And speaking of the top of the refrig, I just can't wait to repaint the cabinets ABOVE the frig, when my arms can't even reach the back of the frig itself!!!

Girl Tornado said...

Oh, BTW, maybe you should have a contest and get rid of, er, I mean GIFT someone with the jelly beans, lol....