Saturday, March 7, 2009

Sparkling Snow


Some mornings the snow sparkles in the sunshine like a thousand wayward diamonds. I look out and say "Isn't it pretty..but cold..a pretty sparkly cold." I know it is all about light and refraction off of the snowflakes..all that technical crap. Simple snowflakes sparkling in my yard..I tried my best to capture them so you could enjoy them too.


Other sparkly things..people that brighten up my day. Chad Carpenter at Tundra Comics..he is a "keeper" I love his humor and he never fails to make me smile. Many of his comics have a northern flair..he heralds from the great state of Alaska.


I have decided that perhaps I have been lax at sharing some of the bloggers I have found that I really enjoy. Some for their humor, some for their beautiful photographs..some just because they are cool sparkly people. All of my sparkly blogging friends can be found on my side bar. You all are great..somday soon I may write about you..so stay tuned!
Today I will tell you a bit about three of them...


Lady Fi at On A Quirky Quest..she is quirky, can't cook..my kind of gal..oh ya she lives in Sweden.


Flydragon at A little bit of this, a little of that... she doesn't post everyday..but when she does..it is a hoot. I have been waiting two months just to see if she will ever get her car rescued from the snowbank! I think she may have a tad bit of cabin fever..she is from Ohio..Ohio..Ohio (think the Drew Carey Show)


Jen at Muddy Boot Dreams... blooming photography at it's finest! She is a Canadian! A!!


Recently I was a winner over at Susan's at City Gal Moves To Oz Land ..wanna see the loot?
The mailman delivered this yesterday! Notecards, Postcards, a Fridge Magnet, Swankie Hankies and Creme Caramel Tea! Thank you Susan..you made my day! :)

10 comments:

Emma Rose said...

Connie,
It is amazing how quickly we connect with people through our blogs. I always look forward to coming here to spend some quality time reading your stories. Besides that, I have a big crush on Chance. Hope you can stay warm in all that snow. It sure is beautiful.

Girl Tornado said...

Thank YOU for the mention, and I'm glad you enjoyed the package... it's always fun to get a package in the mail, isn't it?! Thanks again for entering, as you can see from my post today, I'm already planning my next giveaway since I had so much fun with the last one! :)

RURAL said...

Hmmmmm.
So I am Canadian EH?

Thanks for the shout out, I adore your sparkling wit, and very to the point way of blogging. You make me laugh out loud some days, and that my bloggy friend is a wonderful thing. My only wish, is that we were neighbours, it would be a hoot.


Jen

troutbirder said...

First time visitor browsing. And enjoying your whimsical sense of humor!

Unknown said...

It's hard to believe you still have so much snow. It's was warm here in Indiana today. We worked outside and cleaned up a lot to Ike's mess from last summer. I actually saw some daylillys coming up thru the ground. ;D
I've read some of Lady Fi's blog, its a good one. I'll have to check out the others when I'm caught up on my blog reading. Thanks for sharing!

Voyager said...

I miss the sparkle of fresh snow in the sunlight. Actually, I mostly just miss sunlight which we do not get here on the wet coast in winter. Thank you for the lovely photo
V.

Anonymous said...

Love the sparkly snow... gorgeous! And thanks for the mention - so sweet of you!

And lucky you - what a lovely bag of goodies you won - congrats!

laurie said...

congratulations on all the loot and awards!

and thank you SO much for your comments on my duke post. they were excellent, and you were right--more on some, less on others. i smiled at your "i'm not a writer, just a reader," caveat, because what i need is readers. i appreciate that very much.

RURAL said...

Connie, yes some of the chocolate is still left, not too much of it. Some got eaten on the way to work.

Congrats on winning.
And you will never wear out your welcome. Drop by anytime.

Jen

flydragon said...

Aww shucks. I'm speechless, almost:)) Cabin fever is right...(think "The Shining"). But the car is OUT!!! Whoo hoo!!