Friday, March 20, 2009

Snow Flurries

March weather can be fickle..one day 50 degrees and the next day snowing and barely 20 degrees. You don't know when to wear your parka, and when to grab a hooded sweatshirt. When in doubt I wear both and peel layers from there. A modified Minnesota striptease, music is optional. Three or four days of spring like weather can make snow seem like a bad memory.


Chance is upset today.. it is snowing. He wants to go out and play..but not by himself. Last Sunday when it was really warm, the last of the snow came sliding off of the roof and scared the heck out of him..I think he was asleep, and the snow came off..and splattered all over him..a rude awakening for sure. He was not injured..he was just sleeping in the wrong place at the wrong time. Now the white stuff is falling out of the sky again.. and he doesn't want to go out all alone. He is now hiding under my feet..napping..hope I don't fall out of the chair or anything..the dogs whole world will fall apart...there will be no safe place to hide.


Ya well buddy, I would just as soon hide from the snow too. Instead we have to buck up and take it like a dog, and an old lady and take some photographs. Then we can have a nap:)

16 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Thanks for coming over from Muddy Boots! I have an on going war with the Mailman, he doesn't like to deliver my packages, so he calls at 7:30 AM and asks me what he should do with my packages..I holler "Deliver them". If Far Guy answers the phone he caves in and will make the trip into the post office to pick up the offending package. This year I am keeping track ..we are in a tie at the moment Mailman 1 Far Side 1 The saga continues..stop by anytime:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Connie, I saw Jen's post about you today and had curiosity about you and the mailman!!! Chance's photo above is precious. Poor thing, more snow. My nephew that is in MN is probably sad too. He was here in the warm GA sun a couple weeks ago and really enjoyed sitting outside. Hope you enjoy the weekend, whatever the weather does!

Bren Haas said...

WHAT .... NO MORE SNOW!!!! STop out to my Garden where spring has sprung dear friend. LOVE that snow in the puppies ears!!!
Happy Spring from the BGgarden

Unknown said...

We have bright blue skies today, but calling for that white stuff tonight. Ugh, will it just go away already?
I love your new header! You have such pretty views!

Unknown said...

I hope we are done with that white stuff around here.:D

flydragon said...

Ha Poor Chance. And he used to love romping in the snow:)

Smart Mouth Broad said...

Chance is very cute. Somebody needs to tell the snow that it's the first day of Spring.

DayPhoto said...

I love your header! And I love stories about your puppy!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

Debbie said...

I love your photos of Chance and your stories about hiim. Boy can I relate to your up and down weather living up here in Maine! During the day it is fairly warm and we shut off the heat and let in some fresh air. By late afternoon the heat comes on and the doors get shut. My cat is confused and my dog Obie seems depressed but they both can now walk across the snow banks without sinking down into them! Really cute site...I love it!:)

Brenda Pruitt said...

Found you from Muddy Boots. I'm wearing shorts in my neck of the woods. Hope your snow melts soon. It's the first day of spring, after all!
Brenda

Andrea said...

I can't believe you have more snow!!! Poor Chance....great photo of him by the way!! I wish he and Sophie could get together for a good old Border Collie play date!!! :)

Anonymous said...

It's melting like crazy here today for a change BUT we've got flurries in the forecast too. I'll take that nap!

Emma Rose said...

Poor Chance. You can send him here to stay at the castle till summer....Uh, does he like RAIN?

love,
Emma Rose

That Janie Girl said...

He is such a beautiful dog.

Anonymous said...

I cannot imagine the kind of weather you have where you live. Our weather can be wild, crazy and way to hot. But I did spend this after noon planting tomatoes and peppers!

Girl Tornado said...

Oh poor Chance! But I'll admit I laughed, as it IS a rather funny story. My Trixie is such a scaredy cat... hubby was playing with Tori a few days ago, and pulling at her side, and her tail, etc., so I mentioned if he pulled at Trixie's hair, she'd probably yelp, and she did! I don't know how she came about her sissiness!!! Lovely picture of Chance (I always enjoy your stories and pics of him)