Monday, March 2, 2009

March in like a WOLF

Yesterday a large wolf came through. He must have run out of deer and is hunting rabbits.
Chance is no dummy. A Timber wolf is way bigger than him. He was unsettled most of the day. Last night the wolf must have been hunting in our area again..Chance refused to go outside without companionship. Safety within the pack!

Wolf track

Chance and I will not do any star gazing this week. I would just as soon not see this wolf in person. Once was enough for me...a few years ago Far Guy and I had the unique opportunity to watch a Timber Wolf cross the road in front of us..we were in the car..he lumbered across the road, and when he got across he turned and looked over his shoulder at us.. I swear his eyes seemed to look right into my soul.... something I do not want to repeat ever again. I have seen lots of what we call brush wolves, they are fast and usually run. But a big Timber Wolf..that is a whole different ball game..forget the lion or the lamb..March came in like a Wolf here.

On a lighter less scary note, I won! Tori Mae over at City Gal Moves To Oz Land blog picked me as the winner of her wonderful giveaway! Go on over and see how the action unfolded, it was really cute..nap and all! Thanks Susan! :)

10 comments:

RURAL said...

Well congrats, what a lovely prize you have won!

And a great way to pick a winner.

Jen

Anonymous said...

Congrats! And how fabulous - to see a wolf in the wild.

flydragon said...

LOL came in like a wolf literally..ours came in like its usual fictional Lion. I think yours is worse:)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
I don't think I could ever forget a wolf looking eye to eye with me either.

Caffienated Cowgirl said...

Dang...yes, stay in with Chance...it's not worth a run-in.

Anonymous said...

Connie, I am working on a post about FDR and wanted to ask permission to give a link to your post about his New Deal connection to your family that you recently posted about. Could you email me at mildrednalley@gmail.com and let me know? Thanks a lot!
I found that post especially informative and I think others would enjoy your photos.

Pamela said...

I would love to see the wolf.
I'm sometimes worried bout cougars when I walk up mill creek. People have seen them there -

I think I'd rather see a wolf. really.

The W.O.W. factor! said...

Wow...I have had a facination with wolves for years! (I don't talk about it with the ranchers tho...)I have photos on my walls and done one myself.
I think I'm with Pamela on this..we've had cougars on our property..and seen their destruction so close to our premises..
I haven't seen that of a wolf, but sure my thoughts would change.

Girl Tornado said...

Um, I have to agree I would be afraid to have a run-in with a big scary timber wolf, ESP if I had either of my girls with me - I would be more afraid for them!! All of you stay safe ~ and how cute, thanks for the mention of your win! I hope you like it all. :)

DayPhoto said...

It seems that people are crowding out the animals more and more. We have mountain lions that walk in our fields, coyotes, foxes and badgers, but I don't think we have any type of wolf (yet).

You stay close, Chance is right.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com