Sunday, March 15, 2009

Lost in Lego's

Sometimes our daughter just feels like she is lost in Lego-land. She complains about Lego's being all over the house, she vacuums them up..because she is tired of picking them up..I told her I would be tempted to hold them hostage. We dog sat for Miney while they went to the Mall of America, last night they returned, immediately the boys dumped out all of their Lego's on the kitchen table. Adam and Andrew worked together to create a Power Driller, Adam knew that was the new Lego set he wanted because he had seen it on TV. Noah worked very diligently on his creation, reading the instructions and following the directions. These are not the Lego's that I remember from the olden days..with just two colors red and white..then they added blue and yellow. Now there are neon green Lego's with gears and little people with goggles. Jen says "They asked fifty million times to go there, then they spend their wad and immediately want to go home." Well not exactly home..just to grandma and grandpas so they can play Lego's:)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Legos look like a lot of fun and your grandsons looked really enthralled with them. When I was young, I could spend hours on projects like those.

Lanny said...

She must just threaten to vacuum them up, those puppies are expensive. Early in my "career" I made the big decision between legos and playmobiles because I could not afford both. But there were times when I wanted to threaten the vacuum but I just boxed them up for a while instead.

Those are nice looking boys, how wonderful that they like to come to grandpa and grandma's house to play.

Unknown said...

From the look on their faces I'd say they are having a really good time.

I remember stepping on those things too....them buggers hurt! Believe it or not, the one toy I hung onto from my kids childhood were their legos. I had a fortune wrapped up in those things! When our little grandson gets a little older he can play with them.

RURAL said...

They do look very happy, and it is making a nice memory for everyone.

When I was born, my dad rushed out and bought my first lego set, it was the empire state building kit. Apparently Mom had to explain to him that it would be a few years before I could play with it.

Jen

Smart Mouth Broad said...

Wouldn't it be great if that's all we needed to be happy like they are: Legos.

Jeanne Estridge said...

Legos are a great toy -- they actually let kids create things instead of just passively imitating the commercials.

That Janie Girl said...

I love Legos...can't resist them. And my son is 28.

Craziness.

Emma Rose said...

I love grandkids! And those lego things look like they might be fun to chew on!

Debbie said...

My son LOVED these when he was young! He had a best friend next door and they played together every day. They played with big dump trucks and front end loaders in a big mound of sand the boys parents had brought in. Inevitably they fought over the roads in the sand and the trucks...every time! Legos was the only playtime toy they did not fight over because they got lost in the creative side of it. Thanks for bringing back that memory! Those grandkids must love you to pieces to want to be there with you..:)

Anonymous said...

We are also swamped by LEGO!! Small, and medium.. it gets everywhere. But it's fun!

The Silver Age Sara said...

Oh, your post brought back memories of my son's childhood. He loved Legos and we had them everywhere too. Never thought of vacuuming them though.