Monday, March 9, 2009

Backwoods Repair

Well..we took my computer to the tiny backwoods repair shop that I found. It is across the lake from us, it is a snowy slippery morning here. They had two cute Labrador pups, one black, one golden and Chance barked up a storm. The backwoods guy thinks it is my hardrive..I hope that parts won't have to come in by dog sled. He gave us all the gory details about how a computer crashes. I listened politely and made all the appropriate responses. OH MY ! REALLY! NO KIDDING! IMAGINE THAT! ... How bloody long will it be? Turns out he is retired Air Force and an Officer to boot. I smiled but only outwardly as I thought to myself..they give all those Officers Lobotomy's during Officers Training. The only thing that kept me from grabbing my computer and high tailing it into town was that the backwoods guy looked pretty geeky..and he could check it all out today and get back to us this afternoon. Turns out he is a New Yorker..from Brooklyn. So we will see. On the way out he tried to get us to take his two pups, he said they belonged to his sons and they moved out..and the pups were just too much trouble for him to keep. This confirmed my suspicion that he was indeed lobotomized. Far Guy keeps mumbling something that sounds like "Calm down sweetheart." :(

9 comments:

RURAL said...

Come on, you need two more dogs. And pups, of course.....

Sounds like he might be able to fix your computer, you seem like you are getting a little frustrated,,LOL.

Good luck, and at least you can still blog.

Jen

Unknown said...

Oh Connie, your killing me!! LOL! I hope that guy doesn't read your blog, he might infect you with some major virus.;D

Anonymous said...

My - you got a show and two free pups! Life is good! ;-)

Jeanne Estridge said...

Sucks when your computer is broken....

Girl Tornado said...

I am sorry to hear your computer crashed, what a headache!! But your story is quite funny about the repair guy, I sure enjoyed it. I feel sorry for the two pups he's trying to unload an any of his unsuspecting customers...

Lucy Corrander Now in Halifax! said...

It's extraordinary how we used to get on absolutely fine without computers and now, if one breaks, it seems like a world catastrophe. (At least, if anyting goes wrong with mine . . . I have to guard against the onset of panic.) It's not what it does that means so much - but the people it keeps one in touch with and the creativity it unleashes.

Lucy

linda m said...

Don't you just hate it when you have to entrust your computer to someone else to fix. I know nothing about computers except how to use it. If something goes wrong I have to take it to someone to get fixed. Finding that someone (without spending a small fortune is a real trick. And then does that person really know what he/she is doing? Good luck, Connie, hope you get you computer back in one piece reall soon.

laurie said...

send those dogs to me! no, wait. .... but weren't you tempted?

good luck with the computer. we installed leopard (or whatever it is) on doug's apple computer and now it is five times slower than it ever was before.

The W.O.W. factor! said...

Hey watch your language! My son is an Officer...USMC ;)
I'm with Milah...better hope he doesn't find your blog here and read it while he's "fixing"!