Sunday, November 2, 2008

Catching Up

Paige, Madison and Savannah Nov 1, 2008

Well it has been a weekend of catching up. First with the Grand girls! They are getting taller..a Grandma notices those kind of things. Hugs are on a different level and so are their eyes! Chance had a blast! He loves them so! They played his favorite Hide and Seek Game..someone hides and someone holds Chance until it is time to seek. He loves finding them. Dakota, a Sheltie, and Daphne, a Pomeranian visited also..they ran and ran..they are city dogs now, so an afternoon of being free was very exciting for them. The girls had a great time outdoors, they scuffle, perhaps because they are all Hockey Players..perhaps because they like to hear each other squeal. Perhaps they like to hold someone down just so Chancy will lick the screamers face. Screaming quickly turning to giggles when assaulted by his large wet tongue.



I played 52 pickup after they left. It is a game I started way back when our girls were little. It is simple..you pick up and put away 52 things. The only rule: It must be it's proper place! My girls hated this game when they were growing up. Jen sometimes plays this game at her own house. Far Guy always gets a little hyper when I play my game...he never plays. Sometimes when I get a little intense..he says "Why don't you just relax..you make me nervous." Well sometimes some of his "stuff" makes me a little nervous too! Everything has a place and everything should be in it's own place occasionally.

I had 386 email messages. I worked on them.. I filled up several friends mail boxes..I got some messages back..undeliverable mail..the mail box is full! I am down to 148 this morning..maybe tomorrow I can get it under 100. Well... I can hope.
This afternoon I must catch up on my window washing, Far Guy has been recruited to help. That news really made his day:)

6 comments:

RURAL said...

I am so glad that you got to spend time with the grandkids.

That is a awful lot of emails. Was it a long time since you checked them?

Jen

flydragon said...

Good Lord, 386 messages? I'd change my name:) Glad you had a good day with the girls!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I check email many times a day. Just don't clear them out right away. Forward or reply..or delete. I procrastinate..and then get behind! The faster I go the behinder I get. E mail begets email sometimes. I just got an email from a friend ..she said I lose..she has 800 in her inbox..so I felt better! :)

Jewel said...

You have beautiful granddaughters.

Anonymous said...

My goodness - so MANY e-mails!!?

Hide and seek with a wet-tongued dog sounds fun! Great to hear you had a good time.

I sympathize with Far Guy .. washing windows... mmm... ugh!

Mrs. B said...

I just came across your blog via the 'Milk Man's wife' blog. I almost hate to admit this, but I [just checked] and currently have 1459 emails in my inbox. Yes, you read that correctly. One thousand, four hundred and fifty nine.

I am SUCH a pack-rat/hoarder when it comes to emails. I can never seem to delete them. Same with old letters I keep. I keep them with the thought "what if they're not here one day?" then at least I'd have "that" from them. Morbid, I know, but we never know. Then when my regular inbox gets full, then I transfer a bunch to another web based email of mine to keep them even longer. Insane.

But I look at it this way. At least I hoard emails instead of things in my house.