Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Casting My Vote

Today I will cast my vote, Thanks to Susan B. Anthony I have that right. The movement that was lead by this "radical" woman culminated in the 1920 passage of the 19th amendment. We have come a long way since then. In the sixties there was all the burning of the bras..etched in my mind forever..no I never burned mine..but I was tempted. Women escaped then..from the role of the "little women kept barefoot and preggers in the kitchen." Women actually had opinions, and went to College. From then on there was no looking back..only forward.

I am an Independent and follow no party lines. I refuse to be cow towed by any one party. I look at all the candidates individually. Honesty is something I value. Who is the most honest? Family Values is something else I look at. Who has the best family values? Since I was a Military wife for 26 years, I also look at who will best protect our soldiers, and their families. Who will protect our nation the best? Will anyone stand up for the Veterans? Who can best lead our nation?

I will cast my vote Sarah Palin's way, because I believe that she is the only bright part of our whole political system. I was not a bit excited about the election until she arrived on the scene. I like her "spunk" and the fact that she is a young wife and mother. 85% of the people of Alaska support her, and like her. I believe that she can bring politics back to the people. Will she be a winner? She already is in my book. That would be the book of a married, white, grandmother that lives in the sticks. Will she change our world, someday if her light stays burning and isn't snuffed out it could. I believe she has only just begun to begin to make a difference.

Things I won't miss are all the junk mail, the endless commercials, the political phone calls and all the mudslinging:)

11 comments:

Linda said...

I'm even getting tired of your election commercials...........I'll be glad when the news is about something OTHER than politics.

Anonymous said...

I really appreciate your opinion! For one I am so weary of the media telling me what they think & their attempts to manipulate public opinion! Keep expressing yours! It's a breath of fresh air.

Jewel said...

I couldn't agree with you more. I too, got excited when Sarah joined the ticket. I agree with everything whe stands for.

Jewel said...

I mean--everything SHE stands for...;)

Martha said...

I can't wait for it to be over!! Tell farguy I said hi :-)

Julia said...

We are watching your election here down under with great interest...but It will be nice when it's all over..
Whatever the outcome...lets move forward and onward to peaceful and better times..
Hugs Julia

Far Side of Fifty said...

Thanks gals for the comments! Even though she won't be VP this time around, I like her style and hope she succeeds in what ever she does next! We have to all move forward and Obamas little girls FINALLY get to have a puppy:)

Anonymous said...

Can't agree with you, I'm afraid, about Sarah Palin. But then, that's what democracy is all about - you are entitled to your opinion and me to mine.

Let's do it peacefully.

DayPhoto said...

I voted for Sarah too! I am hoping she will be the next president after we get through mourning the next four years.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

alphawoman said...

The feelings about Palin are either you love or you hate her, no inbetween. Glad you found something in her to embrace. She certainly has a career in national politics ahead of her. So, we have not seen the last of her. (lol)

Paul said...

"Why didn't someone tell me africa isn't a country?"