Thursday, September 11, 2008

I Forgot

I am guilty, I forgot today was September 11 th. I was reminded by Buffalo Gals Blog, thank you B Gal! We should never forget.

On September 11, 2001 I was in Mapleton ND helping Jen with her newborn son, Adam. Adam was just eight days old. Trica called us from Chicago and said "Turn on the TV" then she called Far Guy. Jen and I watched the day unfold in horror, it was almost too much to take in..we had been attacked. I was worried for Trica and her family in Chicago, I was worried for my friend Nellie working in a high rise building in the Cities, who's two boys lived in New York City. I was worried, when and where will these terrorists strike next? I felt helpless...some of my thoughts as a Mom were, I brought children into this kind of a world? I cuddled my new born Grandson close, I cried. Tears for the Firefighters and Rescue workers, tears for those who didn't know if their family members were safe, tears for an old America where I felt safe and secure. Later on the day, I drove home to Far Guy, I just needed to hug him and tell him I loved him, to hold his hand and cry. It was a day we should never forget.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I so agree, it is a day we won't ever forget.
Hopefully we won't ever have another day to compare it with.
Good post.
Pam